IT Systems Administrator
Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our Information Technology team based out of our north Austin location. We are searching for a professional who has had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. As a member of the Horizon Bank IT team, this position partners with any/all staff and departments to provide assistance with day-to-day internal IT operations, as well as project management for long-term technology needs, for both the Bank and our subsidiary, STRATA Trust Company. Our Administrators are responsible for supporting and maintaining information systems, equipment, and databases, as well as assisting in the creation, implementation, management, training, and support of all internal and cloud-based systems. Why Horizon? We’re not just your ordinary bank - we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed. #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings. Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence. We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- Provide technical support including coordination, vendor relations, maintenance, and support of hardware, software, and all other IT systems including monitoring systems, user support, system documentation, integration, security, and compliance with IT policies.
- Research issues and technology trends, providing options for resolutions and recommendations as necessary.
- Serve as an IT Champion and point of contact for staff requests for technology hardware, software, maintenance contracts, network support, training, and documentation.
- Leverage software and skills to assist in the tracking of IT equipment – including inventory, transfers, and re-purposing.
- Play a key role in project implementation, monitoring, and reporting, including the implementation of hardware and software, policies and procedures, training, new technologies, and assigned project development/management.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with systems administration experience. We are searching for professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 8+ years of direct industry experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Advanced technical knowledge of operating systems, including Windows and Mac, and networked environments.
- Demonstrated experience upgrading and replacing parts of a computer and adding peripherals.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of security, malicious software and virus removal tools, safe software installation and uninstall practices, customizing software preferences.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a networked environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current on new technologies and tools and to learn new tasks and technologies quickly.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to other locations. (up to 20% of the time may be spent at our other locations, i.e. branches or our subsidiary STRATA).
- Possess outstanding problem-solving skills, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- 3-5+ years’ experience of Windows Server administration or equivalent as a Unix/Linux admin
- 3-5+ years’ experience with networking technologies (DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc) and networking support
- 5+ years direct industry experience supporting staff and systems in a banking/financial setting
- Network+ certified
- Office 365 management – adding/removing users, modifying configurations etc.
- MS Azure management – policy management and creation, creating and maintaining servers with disaster recovery options and knowledge
- MCSA (for example, MCSA Windows Server 2019) or MCSE certified a plus
- PowerShell scripting and creating scripts to help management of PC’s a plus
- Microsoft SQL, database management and troubleshooting a plus
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now