Assistant BSA Officer
The Assistant BSA Officer will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act/ Anti-Money Laundering/ OFAC Compliance Program that ensures each functional areas of the Bank operate in compliance with applicable banking laws, regulations, and internal policies. In conjunction with the BSA Officer, this individual ensures compliance with rules and banking requirements including but not limited to BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC regulations; and assists in the investigation, documentation, and monitoring for compliance with these rules and regulations. As an integral part of our Risk Management Team, this individual will work hand-in-hand with their peers to provide the highest level of knowledge & skill and represent Horizon Bank in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reviewing CTRs within Verafin and creating new CTRs when necessary within Verafin;
- Completing SAR forms within Verafin and preparing SARs for final review by the BSA Officer;
- Reviewing OFAC and FinCEN 314(a) watchlist search results within Verafin and Attus Watchdog;
- Reviewing the Monetary Instrument Log within Verafin to ensure it is complete. Adding cashier’s check sales to MIL within Verafin when necessary;
- Reviewing bi-monthly money-laundering alerts in Verafin;
- Reviewing CDD documentation for all new business customers;
- Completing EDD reviews for medium/high risk customers;
- Offering excellent customer service to the Bank’s employees by providing ongoing support via phone and in oral and written communications while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures; and
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with loan and deposit-related compliance experience, and/or BSA-AML experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other related field, and 2+ years of related compliance experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Optimistic, highly organized, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- 5+ years of direct industry experience;
- Compliance certifications; and/or
- Working knowledge of BSA/AML software such as Verafin and Attus Watchdog.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now