Branch Operations Officer
Our Branch Operations Officers represent the Bank and our culture of YES in every transaction and customer interaction. Those in this position are considered working managers who are tasked with performing day-to-day functions of frontline staff, as well as supervising, training, and managing Branch Operations. Success in this role requires customer service skills, intermediate to advanced banking knowledge, strong communication skills, a detail-oriented mindset, and experience managing and leading a team.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed:
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company Wellness Program. Learn more about our benefit package below!
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
What will you do?
Key highlights include:
- Responsible for effectively supervising, training, and managing Branch Operations through continuous direction, support, feedback and coaching to ensure the Branch provides superior customer service and consistently adheres to established Bank policies and procedures.
- Assist with escalated questions or concerns regarding current accounts, and our other products and services.
- Open new accounts and services, as needed, while maintaining internal controls, including obtaining all required documentation to identify the customer and meet regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for performance of day-to-day operations of the branch and staff in routine functions, including oversight of scheduling, assigning work, coordinating activities, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions, and explaining policies and procedures to employees and customer.
- Assist in the development of branch employees by providing coaching, recognition, motivation, and feedback on a consistent basis, and monitor staff to ensure work is processed and performed in accordance with Bank policies.
- Successfully perform traditional Universal Banker functions, as needed, by accurately process checking and savings deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, traveler’s checks, bonds, and cash advances.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Am I the right fit?
The ideal candidate is an experienced banking professional who possesses:
- Minimum: BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or any other subject matter which demonstrates both the desire and ability to perform the job duties of this position.
- 3+ years of branch operations experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Experience leading a team, coaching for superior performance, and handling difficult situations.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PPT, Access, and reporting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to a team’s success.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, community-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- 5+ years leading a team in a commercial banking environment;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of commercial banking products and deposit relationships;
- Community involvement and outreach experience; and,
- Successful experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE HORIZON TEAM?
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond base pay—it includes the tangible things like salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training & development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost savings
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life’s challenges
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your family
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our 401k Retirement Plan
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance
INTERESTED IN JOINING US?
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.