Commercial Lending Assistant
Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Commercial Lending Assistant at our downtown Austin location. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. Our Lending Assistants provide support to Loan Officers by preparing credit and financial files for commercial loans, reviewing tax returns, searching public records for liens or judgments, ordering and reviewing real property title reports, ensuring the Bank’s insurance requirements are met and ensuring the Bank’s lien are in the proper position. Our Commercial Lending Assistants are an integral part of our Lending team and work hand-in-hand with their peers and Loan Officers on all manner of loan matters, customer concerns, and needs for the Bank.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2019 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- Serve as an internal point of contact for customers, playing a key role in developing relationships and ensuring excellent customer service;
- Responsible for file preparation, loan packaging, and exception processing including collecting and reviewing documents for accuracy and ensuring all conditions are met;
- Collects, monitors, and analyzes financial data as it relates to loans including, but not limited to: Flood Verifications, IRS Verifications, UCC Searches, Judgment and loan searches, Title Insurance, Key Man Life Insurance, Appraisals, Environmental Reports, Account Payoffs, and Entity documents;
- Work with lenders, peers, and other parties to coordinate timely closings and that all required documentation is received;
- Assist with the preparation of presentations on loans, clients, and pipeline and provide information to managers and members of senior staff as needed;
- Provides excellent customer service to the Bank’s customers and employees through ongoing support via phone and in oral and written communications, while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures; and,
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with commercial loan experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact.
Specific minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other related field and 5+ years of direct industry experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Direct, hands-on experience with real estate and C&I closing and funding
- Advanced experience in the following: financial statements and tax return analysis, typically resulting from a combination of education and experience in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We think it is a great opportunity! If you agree and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now