Credit Analyst - Belton/Temple
Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Credit Analyst at our Salado, or Temple, Texas locations. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. This position would become an integral part of our Credit Administration team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers and Loan Officers on all manner of customer concerns and needs for the Bank. This position provides intermediate to advanced level support to Loan Officers by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, credit analysis, handling information requests, documentation preparation, file maintenance, and performing a variety of other credit duties.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- Collects, monitors, and analyzes financial data to determine credit worthiness of prospective and/or current customer(s);
- Prepares financial spreads and presentations on clients, and presents information to managers and members of senior staff;
- Reviews risk classification definitions compared to actual risk ratings on loans, to ensure the risk rating on loan(s) is consistent with the Bank’s risk rating policy and Loan Policy;
- Reviews credit packages for policy compliance, structural soundness, and credit weakness;
- Prepares annual reviews on credits as assigned, to ensure compliance with loan policy.
- Provides excellent customer service to the Bank’s customers and employees through ongoing support via phone and in oral and written communications, while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures; and,
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with credit administration experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact.
Specific minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or another related field.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years of direct industry experience in commercial credit, especially commercial real estate & banking C&I; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Experience in financial statement and tax return analysis.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Possess problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Understanding of credit policy and procedures.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now