Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our Executive Vice President – Lending (EVP) at our downtown Austin location. We are searching for a professional who has had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for providing high-level administrative and executive support to the EVP in areas such as completion of special projects, reports, calendar management and scheduling, preparation for and reporting on meetings, correspondence, filing, telephones, travel logistics and other special events and duties as needed. This position also provides advanced administrative support to the Lending team as needed. It is expected that this person will be adept at identifying independent administrative projects; performing considerable coordination and follow-through; and setting priorities and procedures for accomplishing work assignments.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- Serve as an internal point of contact for customers, playing a key role in developing relationships and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing complex and confidential clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, managing calendars, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, and arranging travel plans.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations on loans, clients, and pipeline and provide information to managers and members of senior staff as needed.
- Identifies independent administrative projects; performing considerable coordination and follow-through; and setting priorities and procedures for accomplishing work assignments.
- Provides excellent customer service to the Bank’s customers and employees through ongoing support via phone and in oral and written communications, while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures; and,
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with commercial loan experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact.
Specific minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of direct executive support experience, preferred as a lending assistant or the equivalent combination of education and prior banking experience.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related degree preferred.
- Possess problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Direct hands-on experience with real estate and C&I closing and funding.
- Comprehensive knowledge of closing loan documentation.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Have working knowledge of various banking, lending, and mortgage systems.
COMMITMENT TO OUR EMPLOYEES
We do not hire resources; we invest in people:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits Portfolio including 2 medical options, dental, and vision.
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Retirement program designed to help you save for your future.
- Community Engagement opportunities
- Generous paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time-off.
- Training and Development opportunities
We think it is a great opportunity! If you agree and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now