As a member of the Human Resources team, the HR Generalist will effectively manage HRIS/Payroll systems and benefit administration, as well as support the broader HR function at Horizon. This individual will primarily be responsible for payroll systems including processing semi-monthly payroll, maintaining HRIS records, processing updates, staying abreast of system changes, compiling payroll reports for management, and leveraging knowledge to improve system and process efficiencies. This person will also assist with administrative tasks related to benefit management including processing ongoing enrollments, reconciling monthly benefit and vendor invoices, auditing systems, and assisting staff with general questions. As needed, this person will also assist with generalist functions including the development of collateral and resources for staff, answering more advanced payroll and benefit questions, vendor management, and playing an active role in HR program design, all while providing an excellent customer service experience.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2019 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- Take ownership of the HRIS/Payroll systems including processing semi-monthly payroll, maintaining systems and information integrity, processing updates to employee information, staying abreast of system changes and communicating with appropriate parties, compiling actionable reports for management, and leveraging knowledge to create efficiencies in HRIS/Payroll systems and processes.
- Support staff through effective benefit administration including processing ongoing benefit enrollments and changes due to qualifying events, reconciling monthly benefit and vendor invoices, developing collateral and resources for staff, and managing online enrollment profiles and carrier connections in the HRIS system.
- Develop and share expertise in both payroll and benefits and be equipped to answer questions regarding the company’s payroll practices and benefits including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, LTD, HSA and 401k.
- Serve as a partner to Horizon Bank staff by providing technical and administrative support in all HR functional areas including onboarding, online compliance training, coordination of engagement activities, and other systems and processes that fall under personnel support.
- Provide solutions for everyone you encounter and if you cannot, then work with your manager and coworkers to find the solution.
- Set goals for yourself and strive to attain them whether that is learning a new HR function or taking on a special project.
- Continuously improve yourself and, thereby, those around you.
- Contribute to the Bank through creative problem-solving and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an opportunity for an individual with payroll experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in HR, Accounting, Business, or related field and 5+ years of direct industry experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- 3+ years-experience managing multiple functions within an HRIS/Payroll system.
- 3+ years-experience providing administrative support to an HR function(s) or Operations team.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Possess problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- HR Generalist experience at a community bank
- ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills and knowledge.
- Invoice management and reconciliation experience.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now