IT Helpdesk Specialist - North Austin
Our Helpdesk Specialists represent the Bank and our culture of YES in every transaction and customer interaction. Those in this position are tasked with partnering with staff and departments to aid with day-to-day internal IT operations. Success in this role requires intermediate technical knowledge, customer service skills, attention to detail, teamwork, and problem-solving skills. We are currently searching for hiring high-potential people to join our IT team at our North Austin offices, located at 12007 Technology Blvd.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed:
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company Wellness Program. Learn more about our competitive benefit package below!
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
What Will You Do?
Key highlights include:
- Provide technical support including coordination, vendor relations, maintenance, and support of hardware, software, and all other IT systems. Support includes monitoring systems, user assistance, system documentation, integration, security, and compliance with IT policies.
- Research issues and technology trends, providing options for resolutions and recommendations as necessary.
- Serve as an IT Champion and point of contact for staff requests for technology hardware, software, maintenance contracts, network support, training, and documentation.
- Leverage software and skills to assist in the tracking of IT equipment – including inventory, transfers, and repurposing.
- Play a key role in project implementation, monitoring, and reporting including the implementation of hardware and software, policies and procedures, training, new technologies, and assigned project development/management.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Am I the Right Fit?
The ideal candidate is looking to build their career in IT and who possesses:
- Minimum: BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technology related field and 2+ years of direct industry experience; or any other subject matter which demonstrates both the desire and ability to perform the job duties of this position.
- Technical knowledge of Windows operating systems and networked environments.
- Demonstrated experience upgrading and replacing parts of a computer and adding peripherals.
- Working knowledge and understanding of security, malicious software and virus removal tools, safe software installation and uninstall practices, customizing software preferences.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a networked environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current on new technologies and tools and to learn new tasks and technologies quickly.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to other locations (up to 20%).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to a team’s success.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, community-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- 1 – 3+ years’ experience of Windows Server administration or equivalent as a Univx/Linux admin
- 1 – 3+ years’ experience with networking technologies (DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc) and networking support
- 3+ years direct industry experience supporting staff and systems in a banking/financial setting
- Network+ certified
- Microsoft 365 Management – adding/removing users, modifying configurations, experience supporting Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Defender/Intune and all other MS 365 applications
- MS Azure management – policy management and creation, creating and maintaining servers with disaster recovery options and knowledge
- MCSA (for example, MCSA Windows Server 2019) or MCSE certified a plus
- PowerShell scripting and creating scripts to help management of PC’s a plus
- Microsoft SQL, database management and troubleshooting a plus
What Does it Mean to be on the Horizon Team?
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond base pay—it includes the tangible things like salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training & development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost savings
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life’s challenges
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your family
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our 401k Retirement Plan
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now