Horizon Bank is looking for experienced Lenders to add to our dynamic team in Salado, Texas. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. These individuals will become an integral part of our Lending team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers and Management on all manner of customer concerns in attaining Bank goals through active participation in loan management and business development. Our Lenders are go-getters, customer service leaders, and champions of their communities. They bring their A-game every day of the week.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- Develop and support Bank growth by capitalizing on business prospects, identifying cross-selling opportunities, deepening relationships, and increasing client acquisition including the establishment and maintenance of key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segments;
- Manage and maintain a safe, sound and profitable loan portfolio, monitoring loans to ensure credit quality, collecting payment on delinquent loans as necessary, and working with the Horizon Team to follow up on loan documentation and/or loan tracking exceptions;
- Conduct interviews with new and existing customers to establish financial needs and make recommendations to satisfy those needs;
- Partner with the Lending & Credit Teams to underwrite, evaluate and originate loan applications. Make lending decisions within lending limit and in accordance with the Bank’s credit policies and procedures;
- Conduct financial analysis of existing and new relationships and prepare presentations of analysis for management and loan committees;
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an opportunity for an individual with lending experience to join a proven and growing program that has already made significant impact.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, or other related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company.
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years direct industry experience in a community bank environment.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial banking products and deposit relationships;
- Community involvement and outreach experience; and,
- Successful experience growing a portfolio in a fast-paced environment.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now