Loan Operations Specialist
Our Loan Operations Specialists represent the Bank and our culture of YES in every transaction and customer interaction. Those in this position are tasked with mastering complex commercial and mortgage loan files to determine credit quality, adequacy of loan documentation, adherence to loan policy, and lending regulations. Success in this role requires an exceptional eye for detail, ability to multi-task, work well independently and with a team, and effectively manage your time. We are currently searching for hiring high-potential people to join our Loan Operations team at our North Austin offices, 12007 Research Blvd.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
What will you do?
Key highlights include:
- Perform scanning and indexing of loan package(s).
- Book and review complex commercial and mortgage loan files to determine credit quality, adequacy of loan documentation, adherence to loan policy, and lending regulations.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and review of loan records for proper classification and coding of loans for management reporting purposes.
- Evaluate the underwriting standards and activities of lending personnel including compliance with lending policies and the quality of loan approval, monitoring, and risk assessment.
- Document loan findings and recommendations, including the time frames for correction.
- Perform quality assurance of complex commercial loan package(s) prior to booking function and escrow analysis.
- Perform quality control – post booking, of booked loan package(s).
- Responsible for review basic and complex booking transactions, i.e. SBA/Participation loans.
- Process payment and maintenance transactions.
- Perform scanning and indexing of loan package(s)
- Other duties as assigned/taken on.
Am I the right fit?
The ideal candidate is an experienced banking professional who possesses:
- Minimum: BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or any other subject matter which demonstrates both the desire and ability to perform the job duties of this position.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with UCC filings, Deed of Trust, Insurance documentation, commercial collateral, loan covenants, flood determinations and regulations.
- Knowledge of finance and basic accounting transactions
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PPT, Access, and reporting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to a team’s success.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, community-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization and established team. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating:
- You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and are ready to grow with us; and,
- Why you believe you should be considered for the position.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now