Horizon Bank has an opening for a Marketing Intern to join our student-worker program in the office at our Downtown Austin location. We are searching for local college students currently pursuing a 4-year or 2-year degree, who are highly analytical, detail oriented, self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. Our Banker in Training will have the opportunity to assist our Vice President of Marketing on a variety of organizational assignments including data entry and analysis, contributing to internal inventories and reports, monitoring key metrics, website maintenance, brand management and application for different organizations simultaneously. While most Banks are just trying to stay in business, we continue to grow and increase profits. That’s because we hire high-energy, trainable go-getters who love to work with people and have fun doing it! That is just part of the reason that Horizon Bank is such a great place to work!
- At the direction of the VP Marketing, update organizational forms in Adobe Suite and other key data where applicable.
- Assist with a variety of assignments including maintaining marketing lists via Excel, simple design projects where needed, brand management and application for multiple organizations at the direction of our Marketing team.
- Give every customer an extraordinary experience including inside and outside customers;
- Provide creative solutions for everyone you encounter and if you cannot, then work with customers and team members to find the solution;
- Set goals for yourself and strive to attain them whether that is learning a new function within the Bank or taking on a special project;
- Continuously improve yourself and, thereby, those around you;
- Contribute to the Bank by providing constructive ideas and being a great team member;
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for collegiate to learn more about the marketing world!
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: High School Diploma/GED and 1 year of Adobe Suite experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Knowledge and training in Adobe Acrobat and other computer systems, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Possess strong written communication skills, analytical capabilities, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated initiative to take on new projects and learn new skills; and,
- The ability to successfully work as a member of a team.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating:
- You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and possess our requirements; and,
- Why you believe you should be considered for the position.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now