Office Manager - Downtown Austin
Our Office Manager represents the Bank and our culture of YES in every transaction and customer interaction. As the face and voice of the Bank, this position would become an integral part of our Customer Service team and will work hand-in-hand with team members to oversee the office experience for external and internal customers. Success in this role requires excellent communication, customer service, teamwork, flexibility, and time management skills. We are currently searching for hiring high-potential people to join our team at our downtown Austin offices, located at 600 West 5th Street.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed:
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company Wellness Program. Learn more about our benefit package below!
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Key highlights include:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office as the main point of contact in the Executive reception area, keeping management informed of performance with routine and requested reporting.
- Maintain office efficiency by maintaining appearance of common areas, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing office and breakroom supplies and equipment.
- Provide direct administrative supports as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, mailing/shipping packages, and updating contact database.
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and fulfill office supply needs, maintain and manage vendors, and coordinate food delivery as needed
- Pick up and deliver the mail.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conference room reservations, and conference telephone calls.
- Make preparations for Executive, Board, and committee meetings.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies and keep all supply areas organized.
- Assist departments and staff as requested; and,
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
The ideal candidate is an experienced banking professional who possesses:
- Minimum: High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years of office management experience, preferably in the financial industry; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Possess strong analytical capabilities, effective verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PPT, Access, and reporting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to a team’s success.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, community-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Previous success in office management
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE HORIZON TEAM?
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond base pay—it includes the tangible things like salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training & development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost savings
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life’s challenges
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your family
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our 401k Retirement Plan
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now