Senior Commercial Loan Operations Specialist
Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Commercial Loan Operations Specialist to join our Loan Operations team based out of our north Austin location. We are searching for a professional who has had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. As a member of the Horizon Bank Loan Operations team, our Senior Commercial Loan Operations Specialists perform in-depth review of complex Commercial loan files to determine credit quality, adequacy of loan documentation, adherence to loan policy, and lending regulations; they are skilled communicators, critical thinkers, and team players. Why Horizon? We’re not just your ordinary bank - we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed. #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings. Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence. We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- In-depth review of complex Commercial loan files to determine credit quality, adequacy of loan documentation, adherence to loan policy, and lending regulations.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and review of loan records for proper classification and coding of loans for management reporting purposes.
- Document loan findings and recommendations, including the time frames for correction.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- Perform quality assurance of complex commercial loan package(s) prior to booking function and escrow analysis.
- Perform quality control – post booking, of booked loan package(s).
- Responsible for review of complex booking transactions, i.e., SBA and Participation loans.
- Process payment and maintenance transactions and actively monitor queues.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
We are searching for professionals who have commercial loan documentation experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 2+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Good knowledge of finance or basic accounting
- Basic knowledge of finance transactions
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, PowerPoint, Access, and reporting experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Related experience in, at least, one or more of the following areas: Commercial Real Estate, Retail, SBA, and Participations
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong UCC filings experience, Deed of Trust and Insurance related experience
- Extensive experience with Commercial collateral documentation
- Strong understanding of flood determinations, regulations, loan covenants
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and have a dedication to accuracy and quality customer service
- Critical thinker and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Multi-task, work independently and high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Solve problems independently while applying logic and discretion
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time pressures
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; wellness programs; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now