Senior Credit Analyst
Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Credit Analyst at our downtown Austin location. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. This position will become an integral part of our Temple Lending team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers and Loan Officers on all manner of customer concerns and needs for the Bank. This position provides support to Loan Officers by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, credit analysis, handling information requests, documentation preparation, file maintenance, and performing a variety of other credit duties. Success in this role requires attention to detail, a positive can-do attitude, a learning mindset, reliability, and a strong work ethic. We are currently searching for hiring high-potential people to join our team at our downtown Austin offices. This position is required to be in the office.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed:
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- 2022 Top 20 banks $2B to $10B by American Banker Association.
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company Wellness Program. Learn more about our benefit package below!
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Collect, monitor, and analyze financial data to determine credit worthiness of prospective and/or current customer(s).
- Prepare financial spreads and presentations on clients and presents information to managers and members of senior staff.
- Review risk classification definitions compared to actual risk ratings on loans, to ensure the risk rating on loan(s) is consistent with the Bank’s risk rating policy and Loan Policy.
- Review credit packages for policy compliance, structural soundness, and credit weakness.
- Prepare annual reviews on credits as assigned, to ensure compliance with loan policy.
- Provide excellent customer service to the Bank’s customers and employees through ongoing support via phone and in oral and written communications, while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures; and,
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
We are searching for professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. Bonus: you have banking/financial services experience!
Specific minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another related field and 2+ years of direct industry experience in commercial credit, especially commercial real estate & banking C&I; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Experience in financial statement and tax return analysis.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Possess problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Understanding of credit policy and procedures.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE HORIZON TEAM?
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond base pay—it includes the tangible things like salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training & development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost savings
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life’s challenges.
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your family.
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our 401k Retirement Plan
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now