Horizon Bank is currently looking for Universal Bankers to join both our downtown Austin, Congress location, as well as North Austin, Technology Blvd! Our Universal Bankers represent our commitment to customers in every transaction and customer interaction; they are champions of a quality service experience and represent our culture of YES in every interaction. Successful Universal Bankers have a positive attitude, possess exceptional customer service skills, understand what it means to communicate effectively, thrive in a team environment, and can manage their time and projects effectively. Why Horizon? We’re not just your ordinary bank - we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed. #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings. Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence. We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
Horizon Bank is hiring high-potential people to join our Branch Operations team in downtown and North Austin locations. In this role, you will build a foundation for your career, developing the tools and skills necessary for professional growth while playing a key role in the organization. You will learn how we built the #1 Austin-based commercial bank and gain experience in business development, customer experience, and bank systems and operations. Your motivation to grow professionally and be part of a high-performing team is more important than your previous experience – however you have distinguished yourself previously, you can be successful at Horizon.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
Our Universal Bankers are tasked with mastering all Teller and New Account platforms – Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Virtual Vaults, and other deposit systems. This position is an integral part of our Branch teams and will work hand-in-hand with their peers on all manner of customer concerns and needs for the Bank:
- Greets customers and visitors, on the phone and/or in person, promptly and in a friendly, professional manner, providing information and directing them to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Assists with questions or concerns regarding current accounts, and our other products and services.
- Opens new accounts and services, while maintaining internal controls, including obtaining all required documentation to identify the customer and meet regulatory requirements.
- Aides customers with additional services and products such as safe deposit box access, ATM and debit card requests, check orders, compromised accounts and savings bonds.
- Successfully performs traditional Teller functions as needed by accurately process checking and savings deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments.
- Answers and routes phone calls, takes messages, provides information, and directs calls to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
We are searching for professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. Bonus: you have cash-handling and customer service experience!
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 2+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; wellness programs; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now