VP - Information Technology Manager
The Vice President - Information Technology Manager is responsible for providing high-level direction and support to all Bank personnel relating to technology services. As a working manager, this individual is expected to provide IT support as needed across both organizations and actively manage their team including demonstrating leadership, training and development of their staff, and strategic support of Bank goals. Success in this role requires excellent communication skills, customer service, advanced job knowledge, demonstrated leadership, and effective management skills.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed:
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company Wellness Program. Learn more about our benefit package below!
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Our Information Technology team is tasked with mastering our core systems, servers and infrastructure. This management position is an integral part of our IT team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers to support the systems and end users for both companies:
- Serve as an effective partner to the CTO, CISO, IT staff and executives for both Horizon and subsidiary STRATA.
- Project management of IT Roadmap initiatives and reporting of infrastructure-based projects.
- Facilitate staff development. Responsible for effectively supervising, training, and managing IT staff and processes by providing direction, support, feedback, and coaching to ensure the department provides superior customer service and consistently adheres to established Bank policies and procedures.
- Delivery of recurring items as it relates to the position. This includes initiatives such as overseeing app management and/or asset management; maintenance of IT policies and procedures; resolving issues relating to desktop operating system, network infrastructure, and application software; inventory of technology assets; and participating in annual budgeting, planning, and management.
- Deliver against our IT support objectives and strategic plans. For example, 2024 goals include the development of usable ticket reporting and feedback to improve our support model and facilitate staff development.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 5+ years of IT team management experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- 2+ years of direct industry experience – supporting the IT function at a financial institution.
- Proven ability to build an effective team and develop, coach, and supervise a team.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- Direct experience with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure environments
- 5+ years direct industry experience supporting banking information systems; and
- 5+ years of supervisory experience, preferably in a banking environment.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE HORIZON TEAM?
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond base pay—it includes the tangible things like salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training & development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost savings.
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life’s challenges.
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your family.
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our 401k Retirement Plan.
- Discounts on Pet Insurance.
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now