VP Treasury MGT / Public Funds
Our Treasury team represents the Bank and our culture of YES in every transaction and customer interaction. Those in this position are tasked with developing and supporting Bank growth; effectively managing a deposit portfolio; building and maintaining key relationships; and partnering with your team to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. Success in this role requires not only deep knowledge and experience in treasury solutions and services, but also a can-do attitude. Our Treasury team are go-getters, customer service leaders, and champions of their communities; they bring their A-game every day of the week. We are currently searching for hiring high-potential people to join our Treasury team at our Downtown Austin offices, located at 600 West 5th Street. This position requires you to spend time in the office.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed:
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company Wellness Program. Learn more about our benefit package below!
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Key highlights include:
- Identify and pursue Request for Proposal (RFP) driven business opportunities. This entails researching and monitoring relevant RFP portals, industry announcements, and networking with potential clients to uncover potential projects. Once identified, you will lead the end-to-end process of developing comprehensive and competitive response proposals that effectively showcase our capabilities and differentiate us from competitors.
- Develop and support Bank growth by offering cash management solutions, capitalizing on business prospects, identifying cross-selling opportunities, deepening relationships, and increasing client acquisition including the establishment and maintenance of key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segment.
- Work with Lending teams to coordinate, prepare, and present customer reviews and financial solutions to large deposit customers and public entities.
- Oversee the implementation of Treasury Management products and services for both new and existing clients, including for school districts, public entities, and municipalities.
- Manage and maintain a safe, sound, and profitable deposit portfolio, monitoring relationships to ensure smooth onboarding for new customers, resolve operational concerns of current customers, and work with the Horizon Team to obtain necessary Treasury agreements and documents.
- Work closely with Treasury Management team to provide technical support for product-related customer issues, remote deposit services, positive pay customer issues and other business online related setup and support.
- Understand and act as a resource for deposit compliance requirements.
- Preparing and presenting regular treasury reports, budgets, financial documents, and strategies to management. This may include the development of automated reporting tools to track treasury KPI’s using Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, Kyriba, Snowflake, HFM, and other ERP’s.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
The ideal candidate is an experienced banking professional who possesses:
- Minimum: BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or any other subject matter which demonstrates both the desire and ability to perform the job duties of this position.
- 5+ years’ experience in treasury management/sales position.
- Knowledge of public funds including school districts, public entities, and municipalities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to a team’s success.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, community-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- 5+ years direct industry experience in a treasury management position at a bank.
- Experience managing public fund relationships and accounts including school districts, public entities, and municipalities.
- Adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams, conducting thorough market analysis, understanding client requirements, and crafting compelling proposals.
- Strong business development skills.
- Advanced knowledge of treasury products and deposit relationships.
- Community involvement and outreach experience.
- Successful experience growing a deposit portfolio in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE HORIZON TEAM?
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond base pay—it includes the tangible things like salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training & development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost savings
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life’s challenges
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your family
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our 401k Retirement Plan
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now