Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Collateral Specialist to join our Loan Operations team based out of our north Austin location. We are searching for a professional who has had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. As a member of the Horizon Bank Loan Operations team, our Collateral Specialists review all collateral types to ensure loan is properly secured and meets the compliance and financial requirements; they are skilled communicators, detail-oriented, and dependable. why horizon? We’re not just your ordinary bank - we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed. #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings. Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence. We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
- Review all collateral types to ensure loan is properly secured and meets the compliance and financial requirements. Filing and review of UCC’s, tracking of collateral items, i.e., titles, insurance, flood etc.
- Coordinate with supporting team to discuss any outstanding findings/disputes. Will also conduct Lien perfection, collateral releasing, and ongoing collateral monitoring
- Performing collateral searches and ensure physical security of all collateral documents
- Assist Loan operations department in preparation and review of loan documentation consistent with the approved credit memo
- Developing and maintaining work flows for all stages of loan documentation relating to collateral management
- Maintaining and demonstrating proficiency with loan and collateral software application (CSI NuPoint, Center Doc)
- Prepare and assist with reports on collateral status update
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
We are searching for professionals who have loan collateral experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 2+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Good knowledge of finance or basic accounting
- Basic knowledge of finance transactions
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, PowerPoint, Access, and reporting experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong familiarity with commercial, retail, mortgage and real estate documentation
- Related experience in, at least, one or more of the following areas: Commercial Real Estate, Retail, SBA, and Participations
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- Accuracy in this role is critical – ideal candidate must be detail oriented
- Strong organization skills, handle multiple priorities and produce results, flexibility to reprioritize workload and respond to swiftly changing priorities in a multi-task environment
- Excellent spreadsheet capabilities
- Ability to work under high pressure, fast-paced environment, and meet established deadlines and turnaround times
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, listening)
- Highly dependable and ensure that high quality service is the highest priority
- Understanding of all aspects of due diligence
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; wellness programs; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now