Universal Banker - North Austin and Downtown locations
Our Universal Bankers represent the Bank and our culture of YES in every transaction and customer interaction. As the face and voice of the Bank, this position would become an integral part of our Customer Service team and will work hand-in-hand with numerous departments to ensure that customer requests and office projects are successfully completed. Success in this role requires excellent communication, customer service, teamwork, and time management skills. We are currently searching for hiring high-potential people to join our team at our Austin locations – 12007 Research Blvd and 600 West 5th Street. This position requires you to spend time in the office.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed:
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company Wellness Program. Learn more about our benefit package below!
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
WHAT WILL I DO?
Our Universal Bankers are tasked with mastering all Teller and New Account platforms – Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Virtual Vaults, and other deposit systems. This position is an integral part of our Branch teams and will work hand-in-hand with their peers on all manner of customer concerns and needs for the Bank:
- Greets customers and visitors, on the phone and/or in person, promptly and in a friendly, professional manner, providing information and directing them to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Assists with questions or concerns regarding current accounts, and our other products and services.
- Opens new accounts and services, while maintaining internal controls, including obtaining all required documentation to identify the customer and meet regulatory requirements.
- Aids customers with additional services and products such as safe deposit box access, ATM and debit card requests, check orders, compromised accounts and savings bonds.
- Successfully performs traditional Teller functions as needed by accurately processing checking and savings deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments.
- Answers and routes phone calls, takes messages, provides information, and directs calls to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
We are searching for professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. Bonus: you have cash-handling and customer service experience!
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 2+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE HORIZON TEAM?
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond base pay—it includes the tangible things like salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training & development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost savings
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life’s challenges
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your family
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our 401k Retirement Plan
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Now